On Da Beat are working with Wandsworth Council, DfoE to deliver a series of summer holiday camps. There will be camps over four days each week from the 25th of July until the 26th Aug.
The camps are held in Wandsworth at St Johns Hill and East Hill. Each day there is a focus on physical activity as well as creative practice. The morning camp consists of boxing and kickboxing lessons at 12 Rounds Boxing club opposite Clapham Junction Train station.
In the Afternoon there is a music camp split into older and younger age groups focusing on developing creative practice and enriching the experience of music through the use of instruments, dance, IT and software and singing.
Find out more about the boxing below and book by clicking on the image below.
WANDSWORTH CONNECTED 2022
Kick and Box @ 12 Rounds in Clapham Junction is for 5 – 11’s with a separate class for 11-18’s.
Girls are encouraged to join! The camp runs for four weeks over the summer holidays, each week runs from monday – thursday!
We recommend that young people and children attend every day to get the best learning experience from the classes and to have fun with the other attendees.
- Basic techniques, skills and drills for beginners.
- What foods are best for a high performance sport & what foods are great to aid recovery and build energy.
- More skills and drills & conditioning.
- Talks and activities on daily discipline.
- Take home activities to help focus on how to use body weight to exercise.
- Pads, bags, ropes and wraps.
- Pick your partner and pair up!
- Get better at boxing by helping your partner get better!
- Time to think about what it feels like to get into the boxing ring!
- Time to chose some music for your ring walk!
- Time to stand in the ring for real!
- Certificates, Goodie bags and Gloves!